A must visit attraction when you are in Kyoto. Kinkaku-ji, officially named Rokuon-ji, is a Zen Buddhist temple in Kyoto, Japan. It is one of the most popular buildings in Japan, attracting a huge number of visitors annually. Be aware of large crowd on weekend. Opening hours is 9am to 5pm.
Route 1 approx. 18 min. for a total cost of 420 Yen.
1. Take a train from Kyoto Station to Emmachi on the JR Sagano line. (approx. 9 min.)
2. Take Kyoto city bus #204 or #205 from Nishinokyo Emmachi to Kinkakuji-michi. (approx. 9 min.)
Route 2 approx. 25 min. for a total cost of 490 Yen.
1. Take train from Kyoto to Kitaoji on the Subway Karasuma line. (approx. 14 min.)
2. Take Kyoto city bus #101, #102, #204, or #205 from Kitaoji bus terminal to Kinkakuji-michi. (approx. 11 min.)
Route 3 approx. 32-42 min. for a total cost of 230 Yen.
1. Take the Kyoto city bus #101, #205, or Nijo-jo Kinkakuji Express from Kyoto Station to Kinkakuji-michi. (approx. 32-42 min.)